Swedish Article translated to (ENGLISH)
Översatt med Google Translate stav fel kan förekomma
Translated by Google Translate rod failure can occur
Department of learned early on Saudi Company
The then Mr Tolgfors stated that he did not know the FOI dummy corporations.
Now, Aftonbladet, revealing that the Defense Ministry was informed about the plans of the company in 2008.
– I wish I seen all the red warning lights flashing, said a former undersecretary.
Last week the Echo revealed that the Director General of the Defence Research Agency, FOI, Jan-Olof Lind, back in 2009 knew the dummy company SstI to dark the politically sensitive business with Saudi Arabia. This despite the fact that Mr Tolgfors before retiring stated that Lind became aware of the company only in March 2010.
Former Defense Minister Sten Tolgfors (M) said after the Echo revealed the Saudi deal, that he too knew layup with SstI until March 2010.
Now, Aftonbladet, revealing that one undersecretary at the Ministry of Defence was told about plans for a FOI-related companies in 2008.
Ministries Council had stated in interviews with the SAPO her during a dinner with a head of FOI fall 2008 were told to ”model” of cooperation with Saudi Arabia was not working and that it could ”be required to Dick String as a consultant.”
Then it was exactly what happened: Dick String, who was employed at FOI, started the dummy company for money from the Military Intelligence and Security Service, Must, in order to help Saudi Arabia with the planned missile factory without transparency.
Ministries Council says to Aftonbladet that she regrets that she did not act differently 2008th
– In retrospect, with all the information, I wish I had seen all the red warning lights flashing. It is clear that it would have pulled in all alarm clocks. But I do not think in my wildest dreams could have imagined what was to happen.
Aftonbladet revealed in March that the secretary requested documents for secret weapons negotiations held with Saudi Arabia on FOI’s premises in 2008, that should not be recorded on the FOI. This was, according to former FOI Director General Madelene Sandström, to ”protect the minister”.
The next day resigned Tolgfors.
In the previously secret interrogations SAPO confirms ministries Council to ”discuss” occurred with Sandstrom of documents.
What was the discussion about?
– About whether CMS would be at the Cabinet Office or the FOI. But we försod to each other in the discussion.
What did you not understand?
– I managed not think of a good and educational way to explain my perspective: This document belonged to a case that the government should establish. But because I felt that it aroused feelings so I dropped the issue.
But the action never registered at FOI.
– As a civil servant can not give an authority chief advice or directives. It is in authority manager’s responsibility how managed document.
In an interview with Echo clarified an expert on open government that the document should have been registered at FOI.
– It may well be that it is legally correct. This is not legally easy and simple. I’m used to see when a document has been received. If I am a person who holds a document and the forgotten remains, has it been received? Every day I think thousands of people in authority Sweden trying to handle this properly. In exceptional cases, not all right. In this particular case, it was not a malicious intent, says Ministry Council.
In SAPO’s interview with a department manager at FOI, he said that the feeling was that layup with SstI was ”anchored right up to the minister.” What do you say about that?
– For my own part, I absolutely deny knowledge of it, and I would be very surprised if anyone else knew more than what Tolgfors and Ewa Björling stated.
SstI’s signatory Dick String has, since investigation of misappropriation of funds spent by prosecutors, taking note of SAPO’s interrogation.
– Some distort things right properly, he says to Aftonbladet.
According String felt the Department of Defense to the dummy company.
– What Tolgfors knew or did not know, I can not say. But the department did, so be it.
Why do you think that you have not recognized it?
– Do not ask me. I think a lot has gone wrong in the communication back and forth. People have taken a hilarious decision which it then tried to cover up